View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 06:23 PM

Veteran

Default Re: XC5 uses deprecated code

This is just an example. There is more to it. This shows pattern in coding. It doesn't matter if it shows for admin only or for all or if browsers support it. There are still a lot of IE6/7 users - should XC5 be coded for them as well?

It is the principle. If you have a member in your team who is still coding the way of the 80s and no one says anything how do you know all the code passes validation?

This applies to tables as well - the use of tables is not something to throw away but they have to be used when appropriate. XC uses tables exclusively - still - and as I see it is no matter how many times this is said - someone on the XC team continues using them.

This is why I am posting this. You may think it is nothing just because it is in one place in admin - but it shows consistency with not following standards. QT makes me validate my code to certain standards before they accept it and at the same time their code does not validate... but you think this is ok. (this is not a complain about them making me validate the code - I think this is good practice)

This may be a nitpicking but it has to stop before we end up with XC5 code from the 80s. I stand behind my nitpicking. It is 2014 and HTML5 is the standard which I do not see in XC5 instead there is code deprecated a decade ago.