View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Unused free X-Payments licenses will be annulled on March 1st 2013

I did receive this email and so some of my clients. Personal opinion and questions:
1. This is like 3.5 month notice which is better than no notice at all.
2. I do have free X-Payments which was granted free when its price was $189 - yes $189
3. I wanted to use it but with all its bugs and maintenance and complicating the checkout process instead of making it easier it just didn't worth it... payment gateway hosted page or iframe page does the same and site is out of scope completely
4. I still have plans of using it at some point when it becomes more user friendly not only from customer's point of view but also admin... if this ever happens.
5. With this announcement right now I am starting to think I will never get the chance to use it...
6. You say I cannot resell this license, I don't want to resell it, not even thinking about it, if I wanted to do this I would have done it 2 years ago. But can I give it away to someone? After all it's free and will stay free. Can I use it on a site which is not in my account and I am not the owner? As we all know it is a bad practice for XC developer to have someone elses accounts in there own account....

It's understandable you want to do some spring cleanup of the house.... but do we need another "customers points" issue?