View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 03:06 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Manufacturer's logos listed on front page

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamicampos
Hi Beetlejuice,

Thanks for that. By the way, I am a newbie and was wondering how you got the border around the whole site. I would like to do it but haven't been able to figure out how to tie the whole thing together. Thanks.

Hi tamicampos,

Simply by just adding cells etc around the existing templates, setting widths etc and a bit of photoshop work for the graphics.

As has been mentioned on these forums before, we all start off as newbies, so get hold of a copy of Dreamweaver if you don't have it already, use Webmaster mode as often as you can to see what templates are used and where, how, why etc and very quickly you'll start to see how XCart works. Open the home, header, footer templates etc in Dreamweaver and you quickly add extra tables, cells etc to help you in the design of your site. Oh and search Google for smarty template extensions for Dreamweaver and install those as well into Dreamweaver as they also help show the Smarty component of XCart which I'm still getting my head around.

But don't forget to search these forums regularly as they have been a huge source of information for me and will continue to be for as long as I run ecommerce sites. You won't get any better support than from within these walls.

Good luck
The XCart Store Templates and Mods
WCM CDSEO Pro
BCSE Rewards Points and Gallery Mods
and a few others