View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 05:47 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Firetank's RSS 2.0 Feed Generator Problem

Groovico, BCSEngineering and Kpayne

I was never asked for ftp information or any question at all. Also, I don't get a notification when a message is posted. to the Firetank HelpDesk so I have to keep checking the link I received when I first opened the ticket on Monday. Spent Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday checking every hour or less to see if there was an answer at the helpdesk. Some of the answers I received had to do with returning the module. Not at any point was I asked for ftp or similar info. By Thursday I ran out of time. I make 80% of what I sell and had a show this weekend. I ran out of time and stopped checking the link.

So Kpayne, that explains what is happening on my end. I ran out of time to keep checking the link. Is this the way your system work or maybe just a fluke? All of the helpdesk systems I ever used over the years always email a notification of posting, but I don't receive one from this ticket. You have the correct email as I received the first one when I opened the ticket. It is definitely not marked as spam, I checked that also.

To the folks at BCSEngineering, there was definitely a lost link in the chain of communication. I did ask about installation for another mod, then mentioned the error I was getting in detail, said I would like to fix this first. And I quote:

"Thank you for replying. I am still trying to figure out how to set up the RSS feed manager properly before I can go to the next module. When I try to save the feed to the server nothing happens. When I check the settings and hit the save button I go the following message:
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /admin/fts_fc_index.php on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
> Apache/1.3.39 Server at verabattemarco.com Port 443
>
> It looks like file permissions are not set properly but I am not sure which ones they are. Would you have any suggestions? I know very little about set up for rss feeds...
>
> Would you like me to open a separate ticket for this?"

So I did ask, and was told it would be handed over to another person in your staff. No mention of opening another ticket with you or Firetank at that time. This was on Monday evening (November 12-13), I believe. You know what happened next.

When I opened the ticket with Firetank on Monday, my ticket with you was closed. If only I had been told on the 13th to open a ticket with Firetank directly, things would have been much different. It took until the following Monday, when I gave up waiting and decided to do it.

I had other posts prior to this thread trying desperately to resolve this issue so I could go on with my plans for the site. Some forum members tried to help and I am very grateful to them for trying. No answers from either BCSE or Firetank until this thread.

We tried everything we could think of plus the suggestions given by other forum members, including spending hours with our hosting company on the phone. They are not x-cart experts and can't see portions of the code as they are incripted. I am no x-cart expert that's for sure. it has cost me hours of manpower including my webmaster who also tried to help. And I have to mention many points with x-desk as well.

I always had good response from all at BCSEngineering.. That just made this situation even more frustrating at such a critical time, right before the holiday shopping season.

This is my first experience with Firetank but from the forum communications, I can tell most customers are happy.

As you can all see why I am upset. Here we are, it's Cyber Monday and my plans for feeds are at least 2 weeks behind. Actually, I have not added any new products to my store as all the time I had was spent trying to get some help and trying to fix this thing on my own, researching the web and checking the forum. At this time I still have no product feeds to speak of for my store.
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.