Thread: 5.2.3 Invoices
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 06:49 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: 5.2.3 Invoices (Now 5.2.4...)

Thanks for sharing this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A Racing
"The "---" is coded in the ./skins/mail/en/common/signature.tpl file. So, you can remove the line from the file, save it and the re-deploy the store." We did, it works, so that's fixed now.
Am I reading that you edited the core file above? What happened to only making changes via Webmaster mode?

Editing core files is never recommended, in fact it is quite insistently warned against.

Triple A, I know you have chosen this course, but I have to say this in case anyone else reading this thread is confused about the right way to modify XC5.

The "correct" way to edit X-Cart 5 is via the creation of your own custom module. Creating a custom module is useful on so many levels. One module can contain all of your skin changes, all of your JS and CSS, as well as all of your custom code and database changes. With a simple click of a button, you can pack your module, essentially sucking out all of your myriad and diverse changes that exist in dozens of different folders all over the file structure.

No more hunting, "Where did I make that change?", No more wondering, "What's different between my copy of the software, and the original?". Everything is in one, manageable, organized place. Now you can pack up the module and transport it to any other X-Cart installation, and with a simple upload see everything that makes your site yours in this fresh install. You can also deactivate every piece of your custom code, skin templates, CSS, JS by simply disabling one module. Writing your own module (or having it written for you) allows you to edit absolutely everything about the way XC5 works, without ever altering one line of the core code or the official modules code, both the PHP files and the Skin templates.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.