View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 04:57 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: XC5 Major League Problems with shipping zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriant
I think that what I overlooked when selecting options on the 'RATES' screen was that the ZONE>>RATE boxes must be specific. I thought setting a rate for all address would mean all address in the LONDON zone.........but no.

In My case when setting the Rates for 'LONDON' - the edit charges box must have selected LONDON and also the box to the right must have LONDON - I assume this is the ZONE box selector (not sure). Anyway if you have the right hand box set as 'All Address Zones' or 'Default Zone', for example, it puts a different address zone profile into that shipping charge. And the whole thing gets confused..... as did I.....

Doing it this way does return the correct charges and customer 'feed back' to correct their typo error.

I see. Thank you Adrian for the detailed explanation! I will let our designer now about such problems with interface, so we will see what we can do about it.

Quote:
Have also just checked to see if it works without having a 'COUNTY' set in the ZONE MASK - and it does. It will work based just on the postcode. This is essential as you would be surprised as to how many people either have no idea which county they live in or many people will still want to use an older county name that doesn't actually exist any more. You also have the Unitary Authorities, which aren't actually in your counties list as yet. So, in our XC4 main site, we have put in a -- PLEASE SELECT -- county in each of our shipping zone masks, as most people do seem to know their postcode.

So when the bug is ironed out regarding postcode 'case' masking we will be able to use it, but not until then I'm afraid.

Just to let you know, you can add such 'fake' county in the Store Setup > Countries, states and zones > United Kingdom > Add state for United Kingdom section in admin area.

Quote:
It would be really good if you could force upper-case letters in the postcodes, this would really assist couriers and warehouse staff and reduce mistakes.

I believe, the fixes will be included into 5.1.3 or into 5.1.4.
5.1.3 will come out in couple of weeks.