View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 06:41 PM

X-Wizard

Default X-Payments Account and SSL...

Well, I just came across this issue that I wasn't even aware was an issue. I have my web account on my own dedicated server, X-Payments is installed in it's own directory and XC5 in the root. A tech told me the other day that this is not PCI compliant - X-Payments should not be on the same account as X-Cart. Great.

So I created a completely different account with a completely different IP address and copied X-Payments over to it. It was impossible to create an account with only an IP address - WHM demanded that I supply a domain name as well, so I used one of my many domain names for this. The XPAY successfully copied over and I can log into it but for some reason when I try to connect my XC5 to it I get communications problems. Perhaps I need to redo the configuration bundle.

Anyway, it needed SSL to work, so I created a self-signed certificate. Of course now I get browser warnings when I navigate to this version of XPAY on the different account because I have not purchased an SSL from a certificate authority.

Does anyone know - is it necessary to purchase a SSL certificate for this dedicated X-Payments account to be compliant?
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1