View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
They tell me to downgrade, then upgrade carefully. I have done in now twice. I do that and it appears to upgrade, then logs me out and I can't log back in. The database still shows 4.5.4 even though I manually applied the patch.

Kevin,

I can appreciate your frustration. I sure hope you are able to press a button and restore, to live another day?

Not that this will help you if you didn't do that -- I always make a point of planning my upgrade strategy, and making a roadmap of the process before I even think about modifying a file.

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66105

We learned that admin passwords can no longer be "simple". So it's probably best to change them before the upgrade.

I will add to the upgrade roadmap: install a virgin copy of 4.5.5 and play with it on a default database to see if there's anything interesting or surprises.

Another technique is to have the actual 4.5.5 files (virgin) available, use them in place of your patched files (edit file.lst to exclude these from the upgrade script).

YES -- there will be some files that need patching - but if you are careful and only working on a clone, you have very little to lose since you can simply walk away and try again.

I sure hope you are not working on a live store.