View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Menu with Tabs for Product page

O.K., one last thing.

If your full description requires a large amount of text, then you can also add a scrollbar to limit the height of the tab. You can set the height of one or any number of tabs. Here's how to do this.

First, open your /customer/main/product.tpl file and locate the code for the tab that you want to add a scrollbar to and add an id name.

For instance, I need to limit the height of the 'Full Description' tab and place a scrollbar there. So I need to find the following code below and add id="description" to it. I can give it any id name I want, but to make it simple I called the id "description". So the code will look like this:
Code:
<div class="tabbertab" id="description"> <h2>Full Description</h2> {include file="customer/main/full_description.tpl" } </div>
I've highlighted in red the code that I added.

Now open the skin1/tabber.css file and add the following code to the end of the file:
Code:
.tabbertab#description { height:300px; overflow:auto; }
You can set the height to any number you want. And if the amount of text exceeds that height, then it automatically places a scrollbar on the tab.

And that's all there's to it.

By the way, you can also put icons on your tabs.
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to put a different icon on each tab. But if you want the same icon placed on each tab, here's how you can do that:

Open your skin1/tabber.css and find this code:
Code:
ul.tabbernav li a { padding: 3px 0.5em; margin-left: 3px; border: 1px solid #778; border-bottom: none; background: #DDE; text-decoration: none; }
and replace it with this:
Code:
ul.tabbernav li a { padding: 3px 1.3em; margin-left: 3px; border: 1px solid #778; border-bottom: none; background: #DDE url(images/star_4.gif) no-repeat fixed left; text-decoration: none; }

And find:

Code:
ul.tabbernav li a:hover { color: #000; background: #AAE; border-color: #227; }
Replace with this:

Code:
ul.tabbernav li a:hover { color: #000; background: #AAE url(images/star_2.gif) no-repeat fixed left; border-color: #227; }
And finally, find this:
Code:
ul.tabbernav li.tabberactive a:hover { color: #000; background: white; border-bottom: 1px solid white; }
And replace with this:
Code:
ul.tabbernav li.tabberactive a:hover { color: #000; background: white url(images/star_4.gif) no-repeat fixed left; border-bottom: 1px solid white; }

Well, that should be it. Have fun.

- MoonDog -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScrollBar_Icons.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	577