View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Anyone gone live with 4.4.x?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Although I agree with some of the points mentioned by balinor (I don't know why FONT tags are still there), I doubt that a magic template that can be easily adapted using css only will ever exist. Our web designers are pro. And they will quickly find several glitches in almost any "fairly clean and basic template" you give them Something is impossible with CSS at all (for example, a universal vertical align or lining up Buy Now buttons in product lists with multi-line product names), something requires awkward nested tags in order to work in all supported browsers (yep, ~7% are still using IE6), something (multi-folder templates) is done in order to make upgrades easier. These are the points that many web designers miss in their criticism, and that we may not miss when developing a "universal" template.

Please move this to any alternative thread when there is one.

I did say 'mainly' CSS, not only, and I'm sorry but you cannot say how professional your designers are when there are still font tags being used.

templates cannot be upgraded once modified anyway so how is splitting them into multi folders etc help? One of the biggest hurdles to upgrading is having to redo all of the templates, and if we're talking about upgrading from 4.4 up, isn't that going to be to v5 which may need to work with Drupal templates which may be a huge difference?

Previous Versions included
BCSE Reward Points Mod
Altered Cart On Sale Mod
Wordpress Plugin

Please don't PM me for support. I help where I can on the forum and your question will more likely be answered there.

Shout me a Coffee!