View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:12 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: smartbargain checkout

AMEN to that!!!! This is definitely the way to go!!! There is no need to change something that has been proven to work day in and day out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucer
I am now having my checkout system modified to match the smartbargains.com checkout style. Very easy, only two steps. It includes all the elements of x-cart checkout but in a very clean way.

Once you click checkout button, it presents you email and password screen, and there is a checkbox that says something like "I am a new customer" and if you select it, it allows you to create a password in next step.

In next (second) step, you have the cartsummary to the left, and to the right you have shipping options, address and payment all in one page.

Notice how they have the notes, and billing sections collapsed using DHTML and you can expand if you need to.

Bottomline is, they are a multimillion dollar company and they have dedicated people to find out what frustrates customers and how to hide the less usable elements, like billing address or notes and make things easier for customers.

No need to reinvent the wheel.

I wish x-cart people have done something similar as a fast checkout module.