Thread: XCSEO Pro
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: XCSEO Pro - Best X-Cart SEO module available!

Hi William, I actually created a post in this forum a week or two ago, to defend XCSEO against the propaganda being spread against it by WebsiteCM, but the thread was kaiboshed by "carpeperdiem", as he's apparently chosen to support WebsiteCM, despite being a moderator.

Regardless, that article title is bogus, was specifically designed by Jon Peters to make you think that Matt Cutts was warning against XCSEO. Additionally, he generalized his statement by saying "XCSEO" instead of "XCSEO Basic" (my free module, which is the only module he can try to address with that statement), just so he can try to ruin sales for XCSEO Pro. Sly, eh?

To explain XCSEO Basic & Pro:

Basic is free, and open source. It's been out for 3 years, auto-replaces URLs similar to DSEFU Pro, and users have NEVER had a problem with Google when using XCSEO Basic. The controversial feature of that module, is that when it sees a search engine on the website, it only shows the search engine links to this-is-my-product-pr-123.html, and doesn't show url variations such as this-is-my-product-c-4-pr-123.html or this-is-my-product-print-pr-123.html

The reason being that you don't want to have duplicate content issues with Google. Also, removing those extra URLs reduces the amount of time that a bot has to spend on your website crawling urls/pages. It's a two-fold benefit. And as I mentioned, I've never had a user of the free module, ever report a problem from this.

This actually is NOT cloaking, although Jon Peters would have you believe so. Cloaking, as specified by Google, is anything that tries to fool search engines and/or users, to show different content, etc. All that happens with XCSEO Basic, is that the URLs get reduced to 1 primary URL structure, with the page content still being the same (the -c-4 just specifies the category name in the breadcrumb, the -print- just shows a printable page version, but it's always the same content, which Google is happy with).

I'm sure Jon Peters is "weary" of this technique (despite the word being "wary"), but that's only because XCSEO Basic, a free module, has stolen several of his CDSEO customers already, and then he generalized to cover XCSEO Pro as well, since THAT has already stolen a number of his customers already.

To continue, XCSEO Pro is my commercial SEO module that allows full URL control, and was released about a month ago. It does not use this technique, as it is very different from XCSEO Basic. It blocks bad urls via robots.txt, and has no controversial techniques being employed.

Regarding base feature comparisons of XCSEO Pro & CDSEO Pro, both have the same basic feature set (with each having extraneous additional features), so really it comes down to a price difference of $80 to $100, depending on without or with installation, respectively.

In closing, I apologize if this post makes it obvious that I'm more than bothered by Jon Peters' propaganda, and the fact that a moderator in the forum has been stopping me from responding to this uninformed propaganda attempt, but I'm sure anyone can understand my feelings on this subject.

Thanks for bringing up this issue, William, which has allowed me to address it directly within the forum.

Cheers