View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 02:48 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Easy Checkout Mod for X-Cart 3.5.x and 4.0.x

Well I tried to upgrade the database using the SQL patches, then dump it into a new install of 4.1.5 but that didn't work. I then tried upgrading the whole store patch by patch but that didn't work either. Apart from the fact that there's no obvious way to go from 4.0.x to 4.1.x (there aren't any upgrade packs for the store, only the database), the changes to the database are too extensive, and I just didn't trust the store or database to be 100% correct. For example, I could see all the orders, but the customer notes box had the "wrong merchant key" text in it, and I didn't have any products when I searched for them, but if I went to the categories page, the products I used for the front page were there, and I could modify them at will... if I then went to search for them in the products page, they weren't there... and the category list showed n/a for number of products... very irritating.

It didn't help that the database said it was 4.0.15 but the store thinks it's 4.0.12, and I can't actually remember which one is right, but if I tried applying the patch for either of those versions, at least half of the files said they couldn't be patched.

In theory however, you should be able to copy the database, apply the SQL patches until you get to 4.1.5, then use that in a new install and re-apply the mods you've made to the existing store. That's what I did for my last move from 3.4.14 to 4.0.12 and it worked OK.

All I can say is good luck, and MAKE SURE YOU BACK EVERYTHING UP!!! Preferably, copy the files and database to somewhere else and do a test run, as I would advise strongly against modifying your live store.

Let me know how you get on, and if you have any bright ideas on how to do this, because I wasted nearly 2 days on this and I'm no better off.

Dave

http://lizzybug.co.uk (live, minor mods, 4.0.15)
EZCheckout/EZUpsell (Must have mods!) Firetank's Featured Products Manager, and loads of little mods off the forum (thanks all!)

http://www.jellybeangifts.co.uk (live, 4.0.18 ) Fancy Cats + custom colour mod