View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Features Missing From X-Cart 5 (that are in XC4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark N
Mona,

I feel your frustration with the XC5 import module. It's very, very slow and does not scale well - XC4 handles large store imports much more efficiently, which is saying a lot because it wasn't spectacular in XC4 either - XC5's import is just that bad.

Personally I import as little as possible using the actual import routine and use SQL inserts to achieve most of the big lifting - for example, I feed a small CSV file with basic product info (SKU, price, description, category) but then use SQL to build and assign attributes, product images, and related products because it just isn't practical to use the import routine for these. For example, right now I have over 400 different attributes I use over 36 classes. And in the case of the related products, as far as I know there actually isn't an import routine at all.

Yes, XC5 is absolutely the future product and getting quite a lot of development, but as of right now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone running a store with more than a few hundred products.

LOL... I have approx 50 SKUs in this particular XC5 store, it can't handle that!

In my eyes, 4.6 Gold Plus is a far far superior product. I use the import function all the time. It's very convenient and efficient for my needs. I could use SQL directly and do for some special needs.
I was expecting the XC5 to be at least as good if not better.

Here's the sad thing... the attribute table I'm trying to import has 16 color attributes of 5 colors.
XC5 was sold as a Cart that has the import feature available. It's supposed to work and I expect it to work. I did not buy a "Beta Version".

Overall I like X-Cart as a company and really like 4.6 Gold Plus. They do make some great products, but XC5... CENSORED

They should have waited and got more of the bugs out before making XC5 available for sale.

I'm hoping that some of the issues will be resolved quickly so I can like XC5 as much as XC4.6
X-Cart 5.2.5 Free [linux] - Live-
X-Cart 5.2.6 Business [linux] - Live -
X-Cart 5.x mobile [linux] - inactive