View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 07:15 AM

Default Features Missing From X-Cart 5 (that are in XC4)

This thread is in part a response to another poster's realization that XC5, despite being touted as a finished product Qualiteam is selling, does not have the functionality to allow tracking numbers to be placed on orders. I would, like pretty much every other merchant on the planet, to consider this to be a "core function" that would come with any eCommerce platform.

So I delved a little further, and here are a few other things users should be aware are NOT included as of now in XC5 so far:
  • The ability to change ANYTHING on an order from the admin screen. Can't change the order product, the shipping method, the shipping address...
  • Ability to have hidden products
  • The central search bar on the admin screen, where you can quickly look up a product/order/customer/whatever regardless of what page you are on
  • Extra fields that do not appear on the product page (used for a multitude of purposes, the largest for me being data I feed to product feed sites like Google Shopping)
  • Shipping markups on real-time calculated shipping (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
  • Ability to relate products using the import feature
I'm sure there are more, but these are a few things I noted.

-Mark