View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 05:34 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo
Just tested this Mod out and it works a charm in 4.1.8, but when I tested it in 4.1.0 RC4 it did not work properly. Has anyone had any success getting this to work in 4.1.0 RC4 ?

Thanks

The Smarty code used to generate the menu categories will NOT work in V4.1.0, because x-cart have changed the way the php code builds the $allcategories, $categories and $subcategories arrays..

X-cart say this was done to reduce memory usuage and load time.

I discovered this problem with the other Free Menu from the authors website (the multi-colour menu) which works OK in V4.0.18 and has 2 sub levels. I only use 2 colours and have written Smarty and JavaScript code to auto generate the menu categories for V4.0.18.

I'm about to add a 3rd sub level and modify my auto menu generation code to work with the new php categories arrays in V4.1.0.

Anyone using code to access the any of the categories arrays, should note that the php code has changed the way the categories are built in Version 4.1.0.

Also Don't forget that the DOCTYPE in V4.1.0 is now Xhtml Transitional compliant The full DOCTYPE declaration can be seen in file 'customer/home.tpl

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0