View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Advanced Member

Thumbs up Re: HELP! Detailed Images; Custom Buttons; Sidebox Re-Ordering; and MORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDoveGifts

Hi there! Thanks for the welcome!!

Unfortunately I don't know how I should run a MySQL query. I know how to go through the cPanel and get to the MySQL databases and tables, and I can get as far as actually inputting a query, but I have NO IDEA what I should be entering exactly. The link you provided helped a little bit, but it's not the invoice # I want to change but rather the Product ID. It starts as 16134 or something like that. I found a spot to change it in the tables, but after I changed it the two test products I have in the store disappeared. I changed the numbers back and poof, there they were again. LOL

If you could help me with the MySQL query (since you seem to know what you're doing with them), I would be very grateful.

Quote:
10) You can change the max. upload size in php.ini

Thanks for telling me about the php.ini file. I found the spot and changed it no problem!

Quote:
Some advice on SEO: If you want to rank high in the search engines it's way better to move the store to the root instead of www.domain.com/store

A stock X-Cart out of the box is not so SEO friendly. You should at least install the free product meta tags and category meta tag SEO mods from BCS engineering: http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/...s-p-1-c-7.html.

Lots of posts on SEO here in the forum and on the web. Take a look at www.seochat.com
www.seomoz.org
www.searchengineguide.com
www.highrankings.com to start with...
And, I really appreciate your advice about the SEO stuff. I will consider that and I'm looking at the website you provided. WAY COOL!! THANK YOU!

X-Cart PRO 4.3.1 | Linux | PHP 5 | MySQL 5

AlteredCart.com - Download Expander; Product Page Downloads
BCSEngineering.com - On Sale Products; Newest Added Products