View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 PM

eXpert

Default Re: [MODULE] XC SEO v1.1.1 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
The XC SEO team is proud to announce the release of XC SEO version 1.1.1.
XC SEO is completely free, and licensed under the GNU GPL 2 license.
All code is versioned and available from our repository at:
http://code.google.com/p/x-cart-seo/

A zip of the release is available at the bottom of this post.
This release is for X-Cart 4.0.x and 4.1.x

As of this release, XC SEO now functions as an X-Cart module. Future development will continue down this path, and an Installer is currently in development.

==============================
Sites using XC SEO:==============================

Previous thread for XC SEO Lite release (XC SEO Lite has now been renamed to XC SEO)

When using the provided .htaccess file, please be aware of the RewriteBase directive, and change as needed.
Additionally, the catalog/ directory has a .htaccess file for redirecting catalog-generated urls, edit this as well if needed

A .htaccess file is included, it is recommended that you open the .htaccess file and COPY the contents into your existing .htaccess file.
Additionally, a default robots.txt has been included. The robots.txt file should be used with discretion and modified as needed for your own website.

Any incoming product/manufacturer/category/pages links are properly 301 redirected to their html alias, so any existing pagerank should be transferred properly.

================================================== =======

XC SEO functions similarly to DSEFU, in that it requires 0 template edits, and writes all Product/Manufacturer/Category/Static Page urls to .html page aliases: sitename.com/categoryname.html

In the near future, I intend to release a version that will function similar to the original XC SEO release (and similar to CDSEO), with the ability to rewrite urls using categories as folders: sitename.com/category1/category2/productname.html

--------------

Hello.

I tried to download this file but I get a error message: The compressed file is invalid or currupted.

Can you tell what I am doing wrong?

Jose

www.uncionmusic.com