View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 05:04 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Buy $xxx get product X for free Coupon

The more I look at X-SO, the more i come to the realization that someone will make a killing if they build a better mousetrap.

X-SO is quite simply, a mess. TERRIBLE user interface - breaks every usability convention.

I was a moment away from buying it this morning... but after reading 100 or so posts, and making my own requests for the past few days, and not a single person had anything nice to say about it -- and then I found a few dozen sites that had it installed -- and without wasting too much of their bandwidth, I concluded that not one of these sites using X-SO, effectively encouraged the customer to buy anything... It was like "hey, we're real geeky - check out all the software we have on our site". This isn't meant to be a rant... just an observation.

Maybe X-SO could be hacked into something good. but out of the box - I'm not going to spend a moment on it. The entire flowchart of the shopping transaction and user experience must be evaluated. And the mod needs to do some very common special offers, such as:

"free gift with purchase"
buy x get y free,
buy minimum qty of X get anything from category Z
spend X get % discount

AND MOST IMPORTANT -- it must auto populate the cart with the offer, once the threshold is met. The customer shouldn't have to do anything. AND - it should allow an incoming link to target the offer... so an inbound URL makes the offer work -- all others don't et the special, But I am way off-topic now.