View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 PM

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Hi Nikita,

I have updated to the latest version of cloud search (on a 4.3.2 store) and have a few questions for you relating to the new store statistics section.

If you could please clarify the below.

1. in the past 24 hours section the top 4 search results with no results are the following terms

screw d
screw dr
screw dri
screw driv

I'm assuming the term here is "screw driver" Does this indicate someone has searched for each term individually, or just typed v-e-r-y s-l-o-w (despite this term not relating to the store merchandise at all)

2. In the past 7 days section I have the same identical term listed as #3 result for top searches (7 results), and the #1 result for searches with no result (also 7 results).

I would assume this would mean that a product relating to this term was added to the store within the past 7 days, hence the term appearing on both lists?

If you could please clarify the above it would be appreciated, of course this could just be a time issue due to the recent upgrade.

Many thanks.

Hi,

The first issue is most likely happened because of user typed "screw driver" and then started pressing backspace key. Normally CloudSearch collapses iteratively specified query to the longest one but in that case it doesn't. I guess it's rather rare case, but maybe we can do some processing here to.

When some query appears on both lists with the same hit count it basically means that this query doesn't return results. The first list contains all the queries, even those that do not return results. While the second one contains the subset of this - queries that returned nothing.

Please feel free to ask any related questions.
Qualiteam Software Limited.