View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Hide Category from sidebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
New questions, belong in new threads. Unless it is just an extension of the original question.

In answer to your PSS: You can modify multiple products at once, try doing this and adding them to category.

I don't believe that hiding an active category is possible without modification of smarty or PHP code. I would start by adding the option to the category page in admin, a simple checkbox for "hide". Then you can work on the front side, taking action based on that checkbox.

Adding a custom variable to a category is relatively simple to do. I have a tutorial that shows how to do it for a product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ESOW0pKU4

Adapting what you learn there, the same technique can easily be applied to a category.

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping to be able to do it with custom CSS with an nth-child, something to the effect of

li.whateverclassname:nth-child(2){
display:none;
}

Since I've never even seen CSS before this past friday it's hard for me to figure out the class hierarchy when using inspect element in chrome. Also the seeming random use of line item class by xcart when generating the sidebar is confusing.

As for editing multiple products categories I don't seem to be able to do that. I can only delete, clone, enable, or disable multiple products at once.