View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Install Xpayments on development site?

@Photo - It is a bit confusing. Installing on a separate server or a separate hosting account on the same server would seem to be advisable and safest. I think it is implied that this only applies to a shared server. If you have a dedicated server, I think you might be able to install it using the options that you listed - but best to seek advise from QT.

It would be instructive to hear from people who paid QT for installation. If you are on a shared server, did they tell you it must be in a separate hosting account or server, or did they install in a sub-directory? That would tell you definitively if it is okay to do it that way. But from their X-Payments FAQ and from the post I referenced, I think it must be in a separate account or server.

You should be able to have a separate account that uses a sub domain of your main domain, so the url will still be branded.

I agree that X-Payments is a difficult installation - especially if you have to install the connector for previous versions. It might be worth it to pay QT or other developer. With experience - they should be able to do it more quickly and easily.

@Ammoyer - if you install X-Payments under its own account or separate server, it will require its own SSL. It will be difficult to test it without the SSL installed. I am not sure why you would want to delay that part until later.

---