View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Install Xpayments on development site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb2world
QT recommends that X-Payments be installed on a separate server, or, under a separate hosting account on the same server. If you have your own VPS or dedicated server, you can create another hosting account, put it there, and connect it to up to 10 stores. In this case, you would connect your development store to X-Payments, then move it to your live location when ready, or, copy it and create a new connection to X-Payments if you wish to keep your development in place. But X-Payments would stay where it is.

See the bottom part of this post, after the ======:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=336735&postcount=135

---

Unreal!

This just keeps getting more and more complicated. Its getting to the point with Xcart that only programmers and developers can install/upgrade and maintain it.

I've spent countless hours over the last week weighing up the options of upgrading from v4.1.x to v4.5.x and so far what I've came up with is its going to cost a lot of time, money and stress to upgrade to v4.5.x only to find that your site runs 4 times slower than the old site because of all the code bloat in 4.5.x
Then, after all of that you find out v5 is released!

Its disheartning I'm telling you and has really made me seriously consider an alternative cart. There is just no reason a person should have to be a programmer to use a shopping cart software. I don't mind learning a program, but they keep changing the goal post.

Well thats my rant, its been a long week, did make me feel a little better ranting tho I must say!

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."