View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Survey Builder from MagneticOne Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwest
I understand that it's a challenging problem, and I wouldn't mind having to manipulate the data myself in Excel if it could be exported properly, but right now that isn't the case. I won't pretend to know what's common in the 'survey world', but a few places I've looked have seperated grid questions into various types for that very reason.

1) The CondensedSpreadsheet export does NOT export the values for each answer - it simply exports a list of the rows that were answered (ie: the x values). I've attached the export below in case you want to have a look - it's completely useless for statistical analysis (or otherwise) when it comes to the 'Grid Questions'.

2) SPSS is a $1700 piece of software. The point of survey builder (as opposed to simply using an online survey service such as Survey Monkey) is that we would have a bit more control AND that there would be no recurring fee. If there is a need to purchase expensive software just to manipulate the data (even in simple ways, such as taking an average) then there is no longer value in your software solution.

Also - both XML exports fail due to a fatal error. I will try to reinstall, but as everything else is working properly that may be something for you to look into.

We have small improvement, based on your initial report, should be available in next release.

I welcome you to submit the problem with XML export at bugs.magneticone.com

Will check SurveyMonkey formats to ensure compatibility.

You are exactly right regarding the advantages of own survey, I welcome additional suggestions or reports if any.