View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 06:46 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.10 release candidate testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2000
(Is the nightmare of duplicated images part of the new packages? )
Alex,

I have to strongly agree with the above sentiments. The duplicate images, and the image moving into the various sub-letter image folders (T,P,D, etc.), just does not work for many of us.

Many people are dealing with thousands of images and have their own image organizational structure. We like to group our images by Manufacturer, Category, Provider, etc. We also like to use our own image names, and not some abstract numeric identifier.

The way the 4.0.x series handled the images in the Files folder was preferred. It's not too difficult to point my 4.1.x cart to the old files/images folder, but when adding a new product, that link is lost and the image is copied to the Letter folder and given a numeric name by X-Cart.

I would not mind 4.1.10 being delayed until the image handling can be improved (if it has not already been). At least the option, to give store administrators the choice of what type of image handling they prefer. The old 4.0.x style or the new 4.1.x style.

Letting us keep our own organizational Image file folders, and descriptive Image file names is important to many X-Cart users who have already voiced their concerns over this issue in these forums.

Thanks for listening.

UPDATE: The 4.1.10 Change Log looks impressive... lots and lots of bug fixes! But since the image path handling was not addressed in this release, I enlisted the help of my programmer brother to figure it out. If interested, you may see the completed MOD here: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=39376

Robert