View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Advanced Member

Exclamation HELP! Detailed Images; Custom Buttons; Sidebox Re-Ordering; and MORE...

Hi guys!

I just purchased x-cart pro v. 4.1.9. It has a lot of great features and I'm happy with the purchase, overall. I also purchased these two Add-on Modules: x-Fancy Categories and x-Special Offers. I've thouroughly gone through all the manuals and have not been able to find the answers to the questions I list below.

I have modified the look of the site so it matches the rest of my site. (Looks great IMHO). I have VERY BASIC (limited) knowledge of PHP and am getting more familiar with Smarty Templates. I understand HTML completely.

I am set for a grand re-opening of my website on April 1. (No pressure, right?!) My website deals primarily in eGoods - digital scrapbooking stuff, however, I do offer some products on CD/DVD and I offer online classes. Please feel free to look and critique as much as you like. I welcome all critisism. http://www.scrapprofessor.com/store/home.php

I've ran into some major problems. I've spent 3 days trying to find/solve the problems/solutions with no luck. I've nearly pulled out all my hair. I am hoping you intelligent, helpful people will be able to offer a lending hand. Thanks in advance!!

I only have two test products in the store right now. They are both in the 'FREEBIES' category.

Here are the problems I'm having: NOTE: I'VE UPDATED BELOW WHAT I'VE BEEN HELPED WITH AND WHAT I'VE MANAGED TO DO ON MY OWN.

1) DONE! A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to TelaFirma.com for their wonderful program... Dynamic Image Generator! WOW! "Detailed Images" function is not working. I've enabled it in the General Settings/Detailed Product Images Options area. I have my thumbnails set to be 200x200 (on the product listing pages) and would like my images to be 300x300 on the Product Details page with a link available for customers that will make a popup of the actual detailed image that will be 600x600. As I said before, I do have the 'greybox' installed (it's not working either) but even before it was installed my detailed images were NOT working.

2) DONE! Figured this out with Webmaster Mode After All! I modified the customer/main/products.tpl template. If you notice on the Product Listing pages (currently only in the "Freebies" category) the font for my product information is WAY too small. I've checked, rechecked, and triple checked the .css file, but no matter what I can't make that font bigger. I've tried using webmaster mode, but that doesn't help with this.

3) DONE! It's not perfect yet, but it looks better on the site now. How do I go about making custom buttons for the following buttons: Buy Now, Add to Wishlist, Send to Friend. I would like them to match the rest of my site and make them more 'creative' looking.

4) DONE! This was a super easy snap thanks to Yurij! I would like to re-order the sideboxes. On the left hand side I would like the "Best Sellers" stuff to go AFTER the "DESIGNERS" stuff (formerly manufacturers). What do I have to modify to do this?

5) DONE! This was easy thanks to this thread:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=35394&highlight=reset+productid
How can I have my product ID #'s start with 1000 rather than the default 16134?

6) WORKING ON THIS MYSELF. I offer some free products. They are digital eGoods. Often times, registered customers will only add these freebies to their cart. I would like for this type of order to still be assigned an invoice (as it does) but the order shows up as "Queued" rather than "Processed". What do I have to do to make it automatically be "Processed" and have the download link display immediately?

7) DONE! I am now using the "Download Expander" program available at Alteredcart.com ... WORKS WONDERFULLY! How do I create an 'Additional Product Details' include this for each product: "Download Size" where each provider can input the size of the download file (s).

8] DONE! I am now using the "Download Expander" program for this as well, available at Alteredcart.com ... WORKS WONDERFULLY! Alot of the products in the store have multiple download files. How do I assign multiple downloads to one product?

9) DONE! I am now using the "Download Expander" program for this as well, available at Alteredcart.com ... WORKS WONDERFULLY! Currently, each of the Designers (providers in x-cart) upload their product files via FTP to a location I've set for each of them. How do we link these download 'files' (zip files) to the products so that when a customer places an order it will contain the links to each of the files?

10) DONE! Thanks to WhiteDoveGifts!! How do I get rid of the maximum upload size of 2Mb?

11) DONE! Thanks to Yurij! How do I make it so that customers cannot delete their profile in x-cart?

12) DONE! Right or wrong I've purchased these products because I need to be LIVE by April 1, 2008. I'm considering ordering a couple add-ons for x-cart from a few different websites. What can you tell me about these add-ons? Given my questions/problems above, do you have any recommendations? Thoughts? Advice? Any help is appreciated.
a) AlteredCart.com: Download Expander and Product Page Downloads [Side Note: I've purchased both these programs and they are WONDERFUL! Very simple and easy to understand installation instructions. They do everything I hoped they would!!! THANK YOU ALTEREDCART!!!]

b) TelaFirma.com: Dynamic Image Generator 4.1 [Side Note: I've purchased this program as well and it's AMAZING! As with alteredcart.com products, this product was VERY simple and easy to understand with good installation instructions. It also does everything I hoped it would!!! THANK YOU TELAFIRMA!!!]

I think that's all my questions. I know it's quite a list but I'm hopeful that collectively you all will be able to help me be successful.

THANK YOU!!!

X-Cart PRO 4.3.1 | Linux | PHP 5 | MySQL 5

AlteredCart.com - Download Expander; Product Page Downloads
BCSEngineering.com - On Sale Products; Newest Added Products