View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 06:42 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Killer error in Smarty, PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syddos
I have had this problem several times, when trying to produce a homepage for my site, using the xcart engine.

I discovered 2 errors which SEEM to be the cause.

1. I was using "(" and ")" instead of "{" and "}"

Here's the problem: when I access home.php, everything's fine up to this line:

Code:
$smarty->display("customer/home.tpl");

If I remove that line, I get nothing (well, duh). When I put it in, I get this:

Code:
Warning: Smarty error: problem writing '../templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php.' in //Smarty-2.1.1/Smarty.class.php on line 546 Parse error: parse error, expecting `'}'' in //templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php on line 162 Warning: Smarty error: problem writing '../templates_c/527/527896370/0.php.' in //Smarty-2.1.1/Smarty.class.php on line 546

Now, I get this EVEN if home.tpl is completely empty. It's not contingent on what's there, apparently. The error actually comes in the Smarty.class.php file, on line 641, which looks like this:

Code:
include($_smarty_compile_path);

The value of $_smarty_compile_path is "templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php," the file that gives me the error. The biggest problem is that I can't get in there and see what's going on in templates_c/151/1512206380/0.php. That might give me some information on where the error's occurring, but I can't get at the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syddos
2. I had left "White lines" at the end of some of the long PHP files I changed, then changed back. However noen of this is revelant if you cant access the files on your clients server.

Don't misunderstand me, I can access the php and tpl files and so on just fine. It's the cache files in the templates_c directory that I can't access. I tried checking for extra lines, checking the '{' and '}' delimiters and so on and get no luck there.