View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 06:24 AM

Advanced Member

Default Customize Email/Invoice Notifications

Is there an easy way to set-up when customers placing an order get e-mail notifications? Currently, when a customer places an order, any time the status changes, they are receiving two e-mails - for example, if I change the status of an order to "processing", the customer receives an e-mail that states "your order has changed" AND an e-mail stating "your order is processing".....it does the same thing when the status is changed to shipped. My customers don't want or need two e-mails each time their status changes - one is sufficient. How can I get rid of the "Your order has changed" message?

I know on the contact page, there are check boxes for "E-mail order details to the sales department about not finished orders" and "E-mail order details to customers about not finished orders" - I do not have either of these check boxes marked.

I also know I can go into Translations/Edit Labels and change bad/missing punctuation and phrasing, which I have done.

I am sure getting rid of the "your order has changed" message can be done with custom skin, but I am not sure how to go about it. Any advice would be appreciated.