View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 11:18 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Improved Search Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoval
Altered Cart's Smart Search now is offering searching of extra fields, so if these are utilised you can offer customers some real detail in terms of searching capability.

If you've got sortable/searchable information in your extra fields, you should really give nextopia's ecommerce search a look (they setup a demo for me with my product info and I'm sure they would do the same for others). Upi can take any information you are able to export and allow that to be searchable OR used to refine search results. Apparently this add-on for Smart Search will allow searching by extra fields, but Nextopia takes it one step further.

If not for the price difference I would already be using Nextopia. For now though, I've got the Smart Search add-on on order and will give that a shot before we commit to spending more. There is no question that Smart Search is an enormous improvement over the default search, but based on budget and needs it may not be the best option.