View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brault
Looks interesting however, it's a shame we'll never use it. X-Cart's vanilla search engine nearly died dealing with our product/category load we ended up moving to Google CSE Business Edition.

Always with an eye open for other search solutions I took a look at the CSE Business Edition engine that your using on your site, a first one for me, for example, your product here

http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/1826148

I ran a search query for "rail construction" (without quotes), I had 4 search results but none related to specific product "8Ft 3S-Design Flat Column 3S100 by Ll Building Products" which the description had these two words -just not together.

Then I tried a couple of typos "rai construction," and also "ornamental Iron" didn't return results either, simple typos can cost a sales.

Btw, I'm not promoting Smart Search, there is an excellent free search mod in the forum, besides you mentioned you had server load issues, just that I was curious to see Google's search solution and how it worked with x-cart and just posting my observations.

Is this Google's best solution for small business sites?

Sorry didn't mean to go off topic.