View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:13 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

Dear X-Cart team:

Is there any difference between the distributive x-cart-4.5.3gold.zip from the demo page

http://www.x-cart.com/shopping-cart-demo.html

vs. x-cart-4.5.3gold.tgz in my file area?

If I am planning on developing a 4.5.3 GOLD PLUS store (upgrading from 4.1.9 gold) - should I be using the demo file x-cart-4.5.3goldplus.zip and then assume there will be an upgrade path from 4.5.0 for the database?

Let me ask this again: WILL THERE BE A DATABASE UPGRADE from 4.5.0 gold to 4.5.3 (gold plus) ?

For discussion purposes, are there any differences in the database between gold and gold plus? And the only difference between gold and gold plus are the additional modules bundled with G+?

I installed 4.5.3 gold PLUS in a dev directory - and I expected to see the "this is not authorized" big dialog box - but the warning is not there. Hmm... But in /admin/general.php it says, "License: Evaluation license ". VERSION says 4.5.3 - there is no mention of gold or goldplus anywhere... ??? I know goldplus is installed, since the plus modules (Advanced Customer Reviews, Banner System, sales, New Arrival, MailChimp Integration [which doesn't work], etc... are all installed) -- ???

I'm finding bugs and design issues -- do you guys really want to hear about it? Bugtracker?

But most importantly, WILL I BE ABLE to upgrade my database (4.1.9 to 4.1.12, then 4.5.0 database upgrades) to 4.5.3 goldplus?

Thx

J

PS -- I'm asking about database differences between gold and gold plus, yes?