View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart Marketplace officially launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonwebhosting
Not sure about the Kudos thing - are you talking about the people who click THANKS here in the forum and intergrating that into the marketplace also? If a developer isn't posting in the forums, or people don't thank them, that may be a negative mark against them for no reason too...

No, voting on X-Cart Marketplace pages is not related to this forum. The "Thanks" button is not related to X-Cart MP either.

In order to vote one doesn't have to visit the forum.

A merchant can vote once for a product, can vote for all products (once for each) in the Marketplace, cannot edit and remove votes. If a merchant changes his/her opinion about some product he/she voted for earlier they cannot re-vote for the same product until we remove their vote for the product. Votes are not published immediately as they are sent to us for review and approval.

The "Kudos thing" is going to be a special mark, an award image displayed on products pages which get some level of rating and numbers of votes wthin some period of time. Product makers will be able to publish this mark on their web-site pages as well.

We are not going to remove negative reviews unless they contain "bad" language or product provider proves that they are not based on true facts.

I should note that we are not going to remove true negative reviews at all. If you do something good, there will much more positive rates than negative ones. E.g. we are in the same situation with our HotScripts products pages and believe this is normal.

Conor's comment to this announcement made me think about changing the way ratings are calculated in X-Cart MP. I think we should add something like vote expiration. I.e. ratings should be calculated basing on votes left within some period of time, not life-time as it happens now. I'll request such change for the MP, but I am afraid I cannot promise it be done soon.
Our development force is very-very busy with something
X-Payments product manager