Old 05-19-2008, 07:23 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart v4.1.10 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
Use a command line (ssh).
Upload the .tgz file to the server.
use the command line and untar it...

Everything will go where it needs to go.

THEN follow the readme and chmod permissions.

If you do not have ssh access or a command line, you CAN do this via ftp, but it will take you much, much longer, and if you are not careful, as you recognized, you can overwrite files that you do not want to... DO NOT replace files!!!!

The files that have the same names are probably diff files -- organized by directories..

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you use ssh to do your upgrade. If you do not have access by command line, I would ask your host to find a way to give it to you. Your host can restrict ssh to a specific port and/or IP address. Ask.

My X-cart was put directly in the publichtml directory. So, I uploaded the patch into this directory, changed file/folder permission, and then unpacked the patch. HOwever, when I went to the store back-end to login as admin, I got the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@yueteki.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.yueteki.com Port 80

I unpacked the patch again, but got the same problem. How can I solve this problem?