View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:00 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.2 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo
Well I decided to try the upgrade on our server and all went well, but enabling the On_Sale module it still breaks the front end causing it to show a blank white page with a "500 Internal Server Error"

Disabling the On_Sale module fixes the issue and the store front works fine.
Not sure what may be causing the issue but I am guessing it has to do with a javascript conflict.

This problem may be due to code added to 4.5.2 for module with same name. There is this in home_main.tpl

Code:
+{elseif $main eq "new_arrivals" && $active_modules.New_Arrivals} +{include file="modules/New_Arrivals/new_arrivals.tpl"} + +{elseif $main eq "on_sale" && $active_modules.On_Sale} +{include file="modules/On_Sale/on_sale.tpl" navigation="Y"} + +{elseif $main eq "quick_reorder" && $active_modules.Quick_Reorder} +{include file="modules/Quick_Reorder/quick_reorder.tpl"} +

These modules do not exists in standard XC installation but are part of http://mods.x-cart.com/ yet the above code is included in 4.5.2 and the upgrade packs. I would guess there is more code about these modules in php files causing confussion with AC On Sale? You can try to delete the onsale related lines in home_main.tpl and see if front end works

I have no idea why QT would do this?