View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Dynamic Images - a FREE mod for image resizing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
Hi Darryl, here you go

Code:
{thumb file="images/D/variant_chart_Example-1_live.jpg" width=500 hint=false overlay="images/famguystewie.png" overlay_position=5 legend="Click to Enlarge"}

The image generated from this code is attached.
The "Click to Enlarge" bit is better done as suggested by PCParts, as you can style it his way. This example is just to show what is possible regarding what you requested.

Just a note, overlay_position=5 sets the overlay image to the center. Your options are 1-9 (starting from top left).

Additionally, to give people a "hint" that they can click to expand the image, you can set hint=true (or remove the reference completely, as I believe default is true), which will add a magnifier glass to the lower right of your image.

You can view the comments at the top of the file in include/templater/function.thumb_imp.php, to find out more about what's possible.

EDIT: Using my method (the default thumb_imp method), you can only submit a .png file as an overlay image

Hi,

Could you tell me where this code would go? I don't do any programming and unless the directions are find this and add before or after etc. I don't have a lot of chance at getting it implemented. The "Click To Enlarge" as stated by PCParts didn't work and I am not sure what to do with yours.

I would be appreciative if I could just get the "Click To Enlarge" functioning.

Thanks