Thread: XCSEO Pro
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 11:38 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: XCSEO Pro - Best X-Cart SEO module available!

Hi rogue, an example autogenerated url:
Product name: Javascript (Definitive Guide)
Product url: javascript-definitive-guide.html

Autogenerated urls always generate as .html pages currently, but I'm working on giving options for how URLs should autogenerate.

The URL fields are not yet supported under import/export, but that is planned. If you purchase XCSEO Pro, and feel that you need that feature asap, I'll move it to the top of my priority list. Implementation could be completed within a day.

Regarding best practice, not currently, but that is a very good suggestion which I'll plan on implementing. I have found that the url structure that works best, are .html files in the store root (not within virtual subfolders), as I've had many clients that have migrated to XCSEO solutions from the older CDSEO (non-pro) product, and as a result they have seen their pagerank increase over their prior search engine rankings.
The non-pro CDSEO had a limitation of requiring a virtual subfolder for all rewritten URLs, and due to the noticeable improvement in rankings for migrant users, myself and others believe it was that virtual subfolder that was limiting ranking.
Just a note, while I'm referring to non-pro CDSEO, that product was recently replaced by CDSEO Pro after the release of XCSEO Pro, and no longer has that subfolder limitation.

Additionally, if you would like to contact me directly via email, I can provide you with the URL to my development website, where you can view XCSEO Pro in action, or provide you with links to customer websites using XCSEO Pro.

Cheers