View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 09:39 AM

Advanced Member

Default CMS

I love x-cart but the static page system drove me nuts and I needed a way to control more directly the content of the pages. Also my clients want to be able to edit pages themselves but have no idea about HTML. By giving them this tool I can create the base page for them in golive or dreamweaver and paste the source code over and then they can edit the parts they want with ease.

The reason I am sharing this and not charging is 3 reasons:
  • 1. Everyone can benefit from this system
    2. The actual javascript html editor portion of this is a freeware tool I intergrated into some of my projects and cannot charge for it
    3. I saw many people struggling for a CMS manager and thought ok I have the answer why not provide the solution to others
I expect there will be a lot of people who will end up using this and develop it further. I have a few plans for it in the future when I get around to it:
  • Directly control both left and right menus completly
    Edit exisiting X-Cart static pages
    Edit X-Cart Templates
    Create your own groups of content (side bars, main pages, banner sections, etc)
    Create Provider Profiles
    Create Provider Specific Menus / Content

If anyone else wants to make suggestions or create customizations please go ahead. If the makers of X-Cart want to use it they are free to. They would have to contact the makers of the actual HTML editor portion to licence it but I know they are open to this as other shopping carts I have used have this built in.

If you use this code please let me know!