View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 PM

X-Guru

Default Why should I use X-Payments?

Where do I begin?

I thought x-payments was the best way to process credit cards and remain PCI compliant.
That's all fine -- but if the customer experience stinks, I'm better off using a different payment method.

1. Payment is "processed" before successful payment

WHAT THE F is that about? How many times have YOU made it to payment page, but then decide to wait until tomorrow, or wait until your spouse give you her card (if you're lucky), or decide to add something to your order while you are on the payment page, or dozens of justifiable reasons a customer will want to go back to the cart...

And each time the customer goes back to the cart, an order is "processed". Emails are sent to customer and store admin.

Bad.

"Processed" can't occur until submitted to the merchant bank.
This alone is justification to bail.

2. Cancel Order (from payment page)
Quote:
Order processing error
Order declined.
Review your data or contact the store administrator
Are you kidding me? "Order Declined" ??? Ah... the fine print 3 lines down: "Reason: Cancelled by customer" -- that's not "Order Declined".

I can't believe anyone is using X-payments stock out of the box and keeping their customers.

I have the options of using a gateway provided form (highly customizable) in lieu of x-payments -- ah same thing. Processed before payment. What The F?

Has x-cart lost its mind?

This is NOT how customers shop online.
I have not updated my cart since 4.1.9 -- yes, I also have a 4.4.4 store that only accepts paypal -- so this is news to me.

WHAT'S THE lesser of the evils?

1. X-payments. It works. It looks good. Flaws (mentioned);
2. CC processor provided form. Same issues as #1, but not as pretty.
3. Don't accept credit cards?
4. A different cart?

Geez. After working my ass off making my store look amazing, final touch was fine tuning the checkout -- and I am most disappointed.

Is there ANY WAY in x-cart 4.5.x to not "process" the order until payment method is submitted?
How are YOU working around this defect in the user experince?

PS -- I tested with stock FLC and OPC (ajax) checkout as well as the far superior, Altered Cart Checkout One. Checkout One is a much better checkout - but it is still 2-page checkout. Really?