View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Anonymous checkout and additional fields

Steve,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Unfortunatelly QT decided in 4.4.x that anonymous customers are not customers and their info should not be saved in customers table(s). See this - http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=56877&highlight=anonymous+bug. To me this is very serious flaw

I wholeheartedly agree with you since we used to tell (in Terms) that if you gave us your email we could send you a monthly email, this included anonymous purchasers, and this really grew our mailing database and often resulted in sales. However I wonder if QT changed this because people were doing exactly what I was doing, and they thought anonymous customers didn't like it. As a an often "anonymous customer" on other peoples websites (one time purchaser) I would agree I don't want emails from every company I've ever purchased from.

So, in summary, I can see a need for both approaches to anonymous customer data being stored. Ideally it would be an option in the XC admin on how to handle it. That way if it suits your business model and customer demographic you could have it available.

just my two cents.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)