View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 11:28 AM

X-Man

Default Re: LiteCommerce v3 Preview

I guess the questions that I would ask if I were on xcart 4.x would be when will xcart 5 come out; when will the support for xcart 4.x cease; and is drupal necessary (i.e. how much functionality depends on drupal)?

To say that LCv3 and xcart 5 are just for new customers is a bit short sighted. Qualiteam cannot continue to support 4 carts forever so the older carts will eventually get abandoned. If enough xcart users feel that this is going the wrong way then now is the time to stand up and say so, before Qualiteam go too far down a one-way road. Likewise if xcart users like this direction then they should also say so. It is clear that Qualiteam do not consider too highly the opinion of LC users. Xcart users however are a much larger population and if a significant percentage do not like this new platform then they will no doubt find an alternative solution, and this is in no-one's interest.

I still think that it is not at all clear that this is the basis for the new xcart, and even less clear what dupral brings and what the cart will be without it.