View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:40 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.2 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonwebhosting
Good job on the release, and I second the thoughts of releasing/upgrading prior to the holidays could speak suicide.

Will the upgrade to the new CSS theme etc have any effect on other add-on modules that have been made for X-Cart? I know that it's not X-Cart's responsibility to check that, but just curious if any of them will break.

Maybe we can start a thread for X-Cart 4.2 Add-On's, so that authors of the 3rd party modules can comment if the Add-On has been tested and is compatible with 4.2?

I believe that if an online store is live and generating sales, it's better for the merchant to wait with upgrading to 4.2. Many of its features are already available to 4.1 merchants as third-party modules; so, if you have already installed these modules, 4.2 most likely won't introduce new features.

However, if you are building a new online store, 4.2 will be a better platform, than 4.1.

As for third-party 4.1 modules: I guess none of them will work with 4.2 due to the new css-based design and changes in the code.