View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 01:47 PM

eXpert

Hi ATKOgirl and to everyone else,

Here is a very good resource for information on Smarty. I have Bookmarked this URL, and I spend more time on the smarty.net site than on this forum. If your into messing with xcart, spend a few hours on this site and you will have a much better understanding of how smarty works, in fact it made so many things clear to me, that I scraped my original development of xcart, and am starting with another clean install. I'm also amazed at how much less coding I'm having to do to acheive the results I'm looking for, whilst keeping the xcart application logic intact.

Some of you have seen my pervious posts, and know that I'm trying to get me site ready for the Christmas shoppers, but because of the re-install and total re-coding, I intend to launch my PRO version in the xcart Gold mode (single user) with just a few special products. If all goes well I will roll out pahse 1 in two weeks.

I don't pretend to know everything about xcart, php or smarty, as there are still many areas and files, where I don't have a clue as to what's going on, but my understanding of these programs is 100% better since visiting smarty.net.

Enough chat, here's the link: -

http://smarty.php.net/manual/en/index.html

Regards,

Nothing is impossible, We just don't know how to do it ........Yet!

Xcart 4.1.X PRO (Testing Platform: winXP Pro)
Perl 5.8.7 (win32)
WINAMP 1.6.3 (win32 server package. Includes the following)
- phpMyAdmin v2.8.03
- MySql 5.0.21
- Apache 2.0.55 (win32)
- php 5.1.4
- SQLitemanager 1.2.0