View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 07:30 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Category List on the Front Page Help

Thank you for the insight; however, after reading these forums it seems that many are bitter (developers) at X-cart for X-cart 5. Which is an excellent shopping cart. No doubt, X-Cart 4 is better at this time but it seems that it is developing quickly.

However, I pray that developers embrace X-cart 5 because the cash cow X-cart 4 seemingly will not be here for long. Developers love X-cart 4 because it was easy and put more money in their pockets. Which is NOT a good long-term business strategy!

X-cart 5 puts more money in the X-cart developers pocket which should have been that way from the start. No other company that I have known allowed so much money to leave the table so that other people's feelings would not be hurt. I speak this through the Holy Ghost.

It is not a time to get mad and upset about it because you are getting less percentage, now is the time to learn the new language and code and embrace X-cart 5 as you have many customers wanting modules, templates, and plug-ins.

I do not say this to offend anyone; however, X-cart 4 is a dying business model it is not sustainable. If I get a lifetime license and unlimited upgrades what would motivate me to continue to code.

Now on the same regard, the X-cart 5 model in some places is ridiculously expensive, (Ex. Ebay intergration, Wishlist) but I pray that with time and patience even those things will become cheaper; if not integrated for a reasonable set price.

I say this to be reasonable in that would you prefer to make no money off X-cart; only having 4 after it ceases production. Or would you like to be on the ground level as many people adopt (forcefully) as I believe soon they will have no choice because it just makes economical sense. While I love the developers at X-cart they have bills and expenses just as anyone else in business. They are not trying to steal your money only to stay in business, I believe when we all see this we would be more understanding. God bless you!
PHP 7.0.14
nginx/1.11.8