View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 05:31 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Warning: Iframe based attacks using stolen FTP access info

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset
Hi Guys.

My store was exploited too. Livecounter and that hostracker was displaying in my mozilla status bar as my site was loading.

My host has been kind enough to check through some of my files and remove the iframe exploit & has changed my cpanel password.

I have scanned my computer here...and it appears that two cookies just wont go away.... "DoubleClick" and "Right Media". I am not game enough to go into my admin or cpanel for fear of them tracking me on my computer.

I'm not too tech savvy...and i'm sitting here like a stunned mullet not knowing where or what to do next...actually I could cry...

The worst bit was that when i was seeing this load in the browser status bar, I got an email from a client, whose virus scanner detected something on my site. He was quick to mention the following:
"I am an experienced IT professional and wanted to let you know (just incase you don▓t) that your website contains malicious software which is trying to breach our computer via port 50244 each time we click on a link.
This doesn▓t really do much in the trust stakes for customers wanting to purchase online from your website. We do not feel safe providing our credit card details to purchase online.

Could I suggest forwarding this email to your website designers for action."
So a very embarrassing experience from my perspective.

I would be so greatful of any help.

Thanks guys.

You may want to give Spyware Detector a try. We use it on all the computers connected to our network along with other firewall/virus software.

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."