View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:55 AM

X-Adept

I am not sure how shipping is working, but if it is like the 4.0 version, then I think it is hosed!

I think that the shipping modules should go back to the way they were and allow us to choose all of the shipping methods we wish to use and NOT have UPS Dicatate to us who we CAN and CANNOT use!

Right now, if you use the UPS shipping, it drops other shippers or makes them secondary in a second drop down window. They make shipping mod difficult for the end user to select shipping method.

So, in my ongoing vow to NOT USE UPS while they do this to xcart stores, if this is contiunued in the next branch, I will remain on the path I currently am on and that is SCREW UPS! I BOYCOT THEM FOR THIS!

Not to shout at xcart users, but I was hoping they (UPS) hear this. I have actually thrown all of their normal carrier business to FedEx and got a cheaper deal with them for it! Ha!

I also think xcart should be up front about this as you cannot use ALL shipping methods as you once could (nice single drop down window). So, cart owners are burnt for this in the end as well if for some reason they prefer UPS but also want to carry other carriers adn end up woith cumbersome shipping choices.

This is far more worse than Microsoft has been in their manipulation of services offered. here UPS has dictated to xcart what they can actually do with their own software. If I was xcart, I would have dropped THEM! Now with that kind of loss in revenure for all of those stores on the market, UPS would have backed off. I do not see anyone else forced into this.

Just my two cents as I have not heard anyone say anything about this in a long time. I guess everyone laid down and took it or I missed something huge and do not know it?