View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 02:50 PM

X-Adept

*****Improvement suggestion for the customer registration page*****

The "Contract Information" section should be removed. The "Phone" and "Email Address" fields can be moved up under the "Personal Information" section.

It would be even better if the "Username" field is also removed. That way, we can just use the email address as username to log in. Going this route, the "Password" field can be moved up under "Personal Information" section as well. And then we can take out the "Username & Password" section too.

Two birds, one stone!!!

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4610/xcartregistration7nu.jpg

I understand that there are custom mod for using email as username to log in. However, I would like to see this as a default install, out of the box from X-cart release. I am sure many of x-cart customers here would agree with me on this. One less custom mod you would have to deal with during the next x-cart upgrade.

The same goes for moving the text fields around in the customer registration page. I know you can create custom text fields within the "Admin Console". However, just as I mentioned in the above paragraph, I can't think of any reason why it should be implemented as part of the default install.

Cheers
-Tuan