View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 11:57 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Payments fully functional free trial is limited - UPDATE: No, it is not.

Steve. I've corrected title of the thread to reflect real situation here. I hope you do not mind.

With regards to PayPal issue - let me quote what our engineer told your client:

Quote:
So, as far as I can see, processing itself works fine, only the test transactions cause the mis-communication error. Some time ago we noticed similar behavior with PayPal: if 4111-1111-1111-1111 credit card is submitted, PayPal server responds too long, or doesn't respond at all. This is the most popular test credit card number, so it seems to be some kind of protection on PayPal side. Also, a similar issue is described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25922214/paypal-the-operation-has-timed-out-wtih-specific-credit-card. We'll verify that with PayPal support and let you know their response. If it turns out that we need to change the code of X-Payments somehow, we'll do that and provide you with the necessary updates.

Meanwhile, if you would like to test PayPal in your store and X-Payments you may use one of these ways:

1) Switch PayPal to the test mode. Note: you'll need to reconfigure the payment configuration for that. So, we can advise you to create a separate method for the test mode and configure it to use test PayPal credentials. Also PayPal provides test credit cards associated with your account. The corresponding payment method in your store can be switched off, or configured in such a way that it's available to specific membership only. I.e. your customers will not see it, but you can still use it for tests. Please refer to this article for detailed instructions: http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Configuring_Payment_Methods_in_X-Cart_4.5.0-4.5.2

2) Use your actual credit card. This should work correctly, but PayPal will charge its fee.

3) Use your actual credit card, but with wrong CVV2/CVD/SecurityCode, or with different billing address. The transaction will be declined, and you should get a corresponding response from PayPal. The details could be found in X-Payments on the payment details page.

I've requested permission from PayPal to publish their explanations here, too.
X-Payments product manager