View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:51 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Display latest Wordpress Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobulbs
This mod assumes that you use the Wordpress blogging software and uses the same database as your xcart software.
If your wordpress and x-cart use separate database then use this code for blog_headlines.php

If you do not use the default Wordpress SQL table prefix than you will need to specify it in the select query.
For example, change wp_posts to yourprefix_posts

Create xcart-root/include/blog_headlines.php and paste this in it:
Code:
<?php $blog_headlines = func_query("SELECT post_title,guid,post_date as orderby, DATE_FORMAT(post_date,'%d/%m/%Y') as post_date FROM wp_posts WHERE post_status = 'publish' group by post_title order by orderby desc limit 3"); array("blog_headlines" => array()); $smarty->assign("blog_headlines", $blog_headlines); ?>

Create xcart-root/skin1/blog_headlines.tpl and paste this in it:
Code:
{* $Id: blog_headlines.tpl,v1 09/01/29 11:18:59 max Exp $ *} {capture name=menu} {foreach from=$blog_headlines item=bh}<a href="{$bh.guid}" class="blog_headlines">{$bh.post_title}</a><div class="blog_headlines">{$bh.post_date}</div><br class="blog_headlines"/><hr noshade="noshade" size="1" class="blog_headlines" />{/foreach} {/capture} {include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title="Blog Headlines" menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu}

Open xcart-root/init.php and add this at the end:
Code:
#Blog Headlines include($xcart_dir."/include/blog_headlines.php");

Open xcart-root/skin1/skin1.css and add this:
Code:
/*** Blog Headlines Styles Start ***/ a.blog_headlines { /* The link */ display:block; } a.blog_headlines:hover { /* The link when hovered over */ background:#d7d7d7; } hr.blog_headlines { /* The line */ color:#e1e1e1; } div.blog_headlines { /* The date */ float:right; } br.blog_headlines{ clear:left; } /*** Blog Headlines Styles End ***/

Open xcart-root/skin1/customer/home.tpl file and add this within VertMenuLeftColumn (or where ever appropriate):
Code:
{include file="blog_headlines.tpl"}

Hi I have x cart Pro 4.1.9 and my wordpress is in my same folder(within blog folder) of my domain with different database.After Adding codes
-#Blog Headlines
include($xcart_dir."/include/blog_headlines.php"); at the end
The entire store getting blank.How to solve this issue??

What is the exact codes for 4.1.9 Versions??

How to resolve this issue??