View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 07:26 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: new store stuck in maintenance

I don't know how to link to posts in other threads so I'll quote my post here. First, what I wrote in another thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re X-Cart 5 being stuck in maintenance mode, I discovered two things that seemed to be true.

-If you are attempting to install a new module and the cache rebuild fails on step 9, you could have a syntax error in one of the files. This was the case with me.

-If you have a cache rebuild fail on steps 1-5, it could be a connection timeout. If you can't increase the time to 300 seconds, get hosting somewhere else.

I got hosting at Total Solutions (formerly EWD) and that fixed this timeout issue for me entirely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, an additional comment about your MySQL error. I think your host placed limits on your DB requests that is below what X-Cart needs to operate. Switching hosts will fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosherbk
I was advised by the X-cart support person to post this to the forums. This looks like a good as place as any. I have Version 5.1.4 Free Version.

Whenever I install, enable, disable etc. a module I get the "store closed issue" and must fix it with the knowledge based instructions here: http://kb.x-cart.com/pages/viewpage....pageId=7504187.

One of the links used to usually fixes it but some of them disables all the modules so I'm further behind.

Now when I attempt to use these solutions I get this error message:
ERROR: "42000" (code N/A)
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1226 User 'shalebrooksoap' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 75000)

Any help?
Thanks