View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 04:50 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic

Here's some feedback from a V4.4.5 user:

This awesome mod has been on my to-do list for a couple years. The spammers have been very active the last few weeks so I was finally compelled to installed reCAPTCHA on my v4.4.5 branch.

I only incorporated the mods for Register, Login, PW Recovery, and Contact. I was surprised to find that my stock /include/help.php was missing the antibot_pwd_err section of code, so I copied what I needed from the XC 4.7.8 release. In case it helps another 4.4.5 user, here is what I did:

In /include/help.php file patch,
BEFORE ...
Code:
$utype = !empty($active_modules['Simple_Mode']) && $current_area == 'A' ? 'P' : $current_area; $account = func_query_first("SELECT id, login, password, email, usertype FROM $sql_tbl[customers] WHERE login='$username' AND usertype='$utype' AND status='Y'");

INSERT ...
Code:
$antibot_pwd_err = !empty($active_modules['Image_Verification']) && func_validate_image('on_pwd_recovery', $antibot_input_str); if ($antibot_pwd_err) { $top_message['content'] = func_get_langvar_by_name('msg_err_antibot'); $top_message['type'] = 'E'; func_header_location('help.php?section=Password_Recovery_error&err_type=antibot&username=' . urlencode(stripslashes($username))); }
Now you can apply the reCAPTCHA patch to help.tpl.

My site is running and the error logs are clean. Hopefully this mod reduces the spammer chatter. Many thanks for sharing the reCAPTCHA mod for X-Cart Classic!

EDIT Jan-21-2020: So far not a single Contact-Us or Registration spam. Glad to see the robot spammers are being blocked.
XCart X-PDF
XCart X-HotProducts
AlteredCart Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
BCSE Back In Stock
CFL Holiday Message
CFL System Message
Smack Digital (WebsiteCM) Remember Anon Carts
xcartmods Testimonials
xcartmods reCAPTCHA for X-Cart Classic
Unix, PHP 7.0 (patched 5.4).
MySQL 5.6